e will discuss Scala benchmark Scala 3.0 vs 2.13.1 Feature setup. Today’s article we gonna discuss Scala. Language Scala is a very powerful programming language. Scala is currently supported by various big brands like IBM, Twitter, SAP, Verizon and us 🙂 etc.
In this article, We are going to cover everything about scala programming language such as What is Scala? Difference between Scala vs Java vs Python vs Rust vs PHP vs Nodejs. All we will talk about Scala Benchmark in Secs along with How to install scala. here we discuss what is Scala 3.0 vs 2.13.1 and 2.13.2 and 2.14 What is the Scala 3.0 benchmark Scala 3.0 features.
Top 10 Most Popular Programming Languages (2004/2020)
- What is Scala?
- What is the features of Scala 3.0 and older version
- What’s Scala latest version
- Scala 2.13.1 and 2.13.2 and 2.14 and Scala 3.0
- Difference Scala vs Java vs Python vs Rust vs PHP vs Nodejs
- Scala performance and Scala benchmark
- How to install or Setup Scala on Window/Linus ( Ubuntu )/Mac
Let’s get started
What is Scala?
Below are the companies who are using and supporting Scala:
IBM, Twitter, SAP, Verizon, etc.
What are the features of Scala
Features of scala, below are Scala features:
- Modern programming language and its influence by Java, Ruby, Erlang etc. so what coolness of Java, Ruby or Erlang all these Scala lang have.
- Like other programming language scala is also an object-oriented programming language
- It runs on LLVM Compiler Infrastructure
- Like C and Rust language Scala is also statically typed language.
- Scala allows other programming language library, these features are very smooth
- Scala works smoothly with the old Java Library that was developed 15-25 years old programmer written.
- Supports multiple IDE such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, VScode, Atom, IDE For Eclipse, GNU Emacs, Vim, Sublime Text, etc
- Adaptable language for Java Developers
- It executes Java code
latest version Scala
2.13.1 of Scala which is released on Sep 2019
More About Scala 2.13.1 and 2.13.2 and 2.14 and Scala 3.0
What is the Scala 3.0 release date?
- release date 2.13.1 which is released on Sep 2019
- 2.13.2 version release date is Feb 2020 which is not sure
- Scala 2.14 version release date is 2020, They will officially announce the same.
- Release date Scala 3.0 or Scala 3 version release date not final yet but they definitely announce this in 2020.
Difference Scala Benchmark vs Java vs Python vs Rust vs PHP vs Nodejs
Scala programming language is influenced by Java, Ruby, Python Rust, etc. and it runs on the JVM compiler.
We all know this Scala has Statically typed language like C and Rust languages so it is very faster in its performance but it is not faster like C, C++, and Rust lang, But Scalla is powerful and it performance-wise as compared to Java, Python, PHP, and Nodejs, it is faster. We mention Scala benchmark vs Java vs Python vs Rust vs PHP vs Nodejs benchmark and performance in Secs.
Scala performance and Scala benchmark
How to install or Setup Scala Benchmark on Window/Linux ( Ubuntu )/Mac
1. Install scala on windows
2. Install Scala on Mac
brew install scala
3. Install Scala on Ubuntu Linux
sudo apt-get install scala