IEEE Software Interview Questions. IEEE defined software engineering as the application of a systematic, disciplined and quantifiable approach towards the development, operation, and maintenance of a software product. It should be understood that a software programmer is expected to be able to translate from a given design specification into code whereas a software engineer applies a disciplined approach to the application of systematic techniques in the analysis, designing, implementation, testing and maintenance of software.
So, it is a obvious fact that Software Engineering is a vast field in itself and to find out & prepare for all the important concepts or questions for interviews is not an easy job. So, to make it easier and convenient for you, here, we’re providing you with an extensive list of ask Software Interview Questions and answer that are frequently ask by the recruiters.
Below is IEEE Software Interview Questions
1. What are the characteristics of the software?
So the characteristics of the software are:
- Software is engineered, not manufactured.
- Also Software does not wear out.
- Most software is custom-built rather than being assembled from components.
2. What is software re-engineering?
Software reengineering is the process of scanning, modifying, and reconfiguring a system in a new way. Moreover the principle of reengineering applied to the software development process is called software reengineering. And thus it has a positive impact on software cost, quality, customer service, and shipping speed. Thus Software reengineering improves software to create it more efficiently and effectively.
3. What activities come under the umbrella activities?
So the activities of the software engineering process framework are complemented by a variety of higher-level activities. Moreover Umbrella activities typically apply to the entire software project and help the software team manage and control progress, quality, changes, and risks. Also common top activities include Software Project Tracking and Control Risk Management, Software Quality Assurance Technical Review Measurement Software Configuration Management Reusability Management Work Product Preparation and Production, etc.
4. What is Black box testing?
The black box test (also known as the conducted test closed box test opaque box test) is centered around software useful prerequisites. In other words, it is possible to guess a set of information conditions that help the program through an attempt to discover and fulfill all the necessities perfectly. Thus there is no choice of black-box testing white box procedures. So maybe it’s a complementary methodology, perhaps the white box method will reveal the errors of other classes.
5. What are the prototyping methods in software process?
The prototyping methods in the software process are:
- Evolutionary prototyping: In this method of system development, the initial prototype is arrange, and it is then precise through the number of phases to the final stage.
- Throw-away prototyping: Using this method, a rough practical implementation of the system is produce. Thus the requirement issues are identifiable from this implementation. It then rejected. System is then develop using some various engineering paradigm.
6. What are the steps followed in testing?
So the steps followed in testing are:
- Unit testing: The individual elements are tested in this type of testing.
- Module testing: Related group of independent items is tested.
- Sub-system testing: This is a type of integration testing. Different modules integration, into a sub-system, and the entire subsystem is goes through test.
- System testing: The entire system is tested in this system.
- Acceptance testing: This type of testing contains testing of the system with user data if the system behaves as per client need, then it is accept.
7. What is a Feasibility Study?
The Feasibility Study in Software Engineering is a study to assess the adequacy of proposed projects and systems. Moreover, a feasibility study is a measure of a software product on how product development can benefit an organization from a validity analysis or practical point of view. Feasibility studies are there for multiple purposes to analyze the correctness of a software product in terms of development, porting, the contribution of an organization’s projects, and so on.
8. What is the Difference Between Quality Assurance and Quality Control?
|Quality Assurance (QA)||Quality Control (QC)|
|It focuses on providing assurance that the quality requested will be achieved.||It focuses on fulfilling the quality requested.|
|It is the technique of managing quality.||It is the technique to verify quality.|
|It does not include the execution of the program.||It always includes the execution of the program.|
|It is a managerial tool.||It is a corrective tool.|
|It is process-oriented.||It is product-oriented.|
|The aim of quality assurance is to prevent defects.||The aim of quality control is to identify and improve the defects.|
|It is a preventive technique.||It is a corrective technique.|
|It is a proactive measure.||It is a reactive measure.|
|It is responsible for the full software development life cycle.||It is responsible for the software testing life cycle.|
|Example: Verification||Example: Validation|
9. What is the Agile software development model?
So, the agile SDLC model is a combination of iterative and incremental process models with a focus on process adaptability and customer satisfaction by rapid delivery of working software products. In addition to this Agile Methods break the product into small incremental builds. Every iteration involves cross-functional teams working simultaneously on various areas like planning, requirements analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing.
10. What is physical DFD?
Physical DFD focuses on how the system is implement. Also it explains the best method to implement the business activities of the system. Moreover, it involves the physical implementation of devices and files required for the business processes. In other words, physical DFD contains the implantation-related details such as hardware, people, and other external components required to run the business processes.
11. What is the difference between Risk and Uncertainty?
- Risk is able to be measure while uncertainty is not measurable.
- Risk can be calculated while uncertainty can never be counted.
- You are capable of make earlier plans in order to avoid risk. It is impossible to make prior plans for the uncertainty.
- Certain sorts of empirical observations can help to understand the risk but on the other hand, the uncertainty can never be based on empirical observations.
- After making efforts, the risk is able to be convert into certainty. On the contrary, you can’t convert uncertainty into certainty.
- After making an estimate of the risk factor, a decision can be made but as the calculation of the uncertainty is not possible, hence no decision can be made.
12. Define metrics.
So basically Metrics are the degree to which a system component or process possesses a given attribute.
13. What are the benefits of Smoke Testing?
So, benefits of doing Smoke Testing are:
- Integration Risk is minimum.
- Also Quality of end-product is better.
- Moreover Error diagnosis and Correction are simplified.
- Also Progress is easy to assess.
14. What is CASE Tools?
CASE Tools stands for Computer-Aided Software Engineering. Moreover it is system software that provides automated support for software process activities. It contains program used to support software process operations such as Requirement Analysis, System Modeling. Debugging and Testing.
15. What is Risk management?
Risk management is the phase of anticipating hurdles in carrying out the original plan and providing alternate methods so that the impact on the anticipated initially outcome is minimal.
16. What is the purpose of the timeline chart?
The objective of the timeline chart is to emphasize the scope of the individual task. Hence set of functions are the input to the timeline chart.
So these were some of the most frequent Software Interview Questions and answer. Hope this proves helpful to you in your preparation. However, being such a vast topic we suggest to further explore more in order to gain a better understanding of the topic.
Similar articles – IEEE Software Interview Questions
- Benefits of Using Angular for Web Development 2021
- Difference Between C vs C++ vs Python vs Java
- KALI Linux Not Prefer Software Development Ubuntu
- Angular 12 Performance Benchmark Install Features
- Setup Angular 12 vs 11 vs 10 features benchmark